Jim Rogers Talks EU, US Debt, Elections, Next Recession/Depression
A dapper Jim Rogers covers a number of important issues in the clip below. Despite the Reuters interviewer, who acts almost as if she is speaking to a senile person, Rogers keeps his cool and seems as sharp as ever.
- US needs to cut spending “with a chainsaw”.
- EU rescue will “absolutely not” work.
- Says Romney’s economic advisers “couldn’t be worse” than Obama’s, may be significantly better [count me skeptical on this point].
- Generally short stocks, long commodities.
- “Gold is going much higher over the decade.”
- “More interested in agriculture than anything else”.
- Buys Chinese Renminbi “whenever he gets the chance”.
- Thinks Facebook is sh1t (join the club).